CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) EMERGENCY PLAN FOR BISHOP’S FUNERAL HOME
As a public establishment we want to inform you that we are taking all necessary precautions to ensure we reduce any potential risk.
We are monitoring all communications distributed by the New Brunswick Department of Public Health with regard to information on the Coronavirus (Covid-19). As of March 19, 2020 there were new restrictions put in place by the New Brunswick government, which must be followed. These have been updated as of March 8, 2021 for New Brunswick in the current MODIFIED YELLOW phase of the province.
To ensure your risk is minimized, we have put the following Emergency Plan into place:
- We are still available 24/7 to serve the needs of our community.
- Due to the COVID19 pandemic and for the safety of the public and our staff, we ask that you call ahead to set up appointments.
- Funeral home staff will be using safety equipment such as masks, gloves and other items when entering all other establishments for funeral related duties to help ensure everyone’s safety.
- If you have need of immediate assistance, due to the death of a loved one, or urgent matters regarding a loved one under our care please call (506) 458-1885 and we will be there to help you.
- We will present several options to your family, keeping you safe and still providing a meaningful tribute.
- Our staff are making environmental cleaning procedures top priority at our funeral home.
- Contact tracing procedures are required for patrons entering the funeral home.
- As of March 8, 2021 and for the immediate future these are the procedures required by the NB Government.
- Services be limited to a maximum of 50% of the venue's capacity, and a distance of 2 meters be maintained between people outside of their household or steady 15.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory in our facility and our parking lot, and 6 foot social distancing requirements apply to people outside their households and steady 15.
- NEW - Compassionate exemptions for funeral attendance is permitted for people coming from outside the province. Application through the Travel Registration (gnb.ca) is required. Individuals must isolate for five (5) days and get tested on day five. With a negative test on day five, the individual(s) can attend the funeral.
- With the permission of next of kin of the deceased, systems will be put into place to make available Celebration of Life events electronically over the internet. This may be beneficial for family members who may not be able to travel to New Brunswick for the service.
- We encourage the use of our online guestbooks for condolence messages to the family.
Public health and safety are first and foremost in our minds during this time.
Feel free to call with any questions or concerns.
Jim Bishop & the staff of Bishop’s Funeral Home